A Travel Guide to the alternative Costa del Sol
Offering everything from cosmopolitan, coastal resorts to chocolate box white villages and from stunning mountain scenery to truly Spanish beach resorts, whatever you are looking for from your holiday it is possible to find it here in the beautiful Axarquia region of Andalucia, southern Spain.
Our destination travel guides have detailed and honest descriptions of the facilities available at each resort to help you choose the right place for you to spend your holiday and to get the most out of your stay there.
- Cosmopolitan and well developed coastal resort retaining its original and charming town centre.
- An award winning picture postcard white village
Torre del Mar
- Very Spanish beach resort with a wide range of facilities.
- 2 resorts in 1! Torrox Pueblo, a traditional Andalucian hill top white village and Torrox Costa, a beach resort with an international flavour.
- the capital of the Axarquia region, Velez-Malaga combines a historical town centre with modern commercial facilities.
Come and stay
If you are already "sold" on the Axarquia region and want to come and stay here then go to our
page for details of rental properties in the area.
We strive to provide our readers with a comprehensive guide to the best that the Axarquia has to offer. If you feel we have missed out on something or would like to let us know how your holiday here went then
- we would love to hear from you!